- In the case of Web offers aimed at companies or public enterprises, such companies or enterprises are represented by the user and must assume that the user has appropriate knowledge and acts accordingly.
- If the User uses this GOMANOS Web Site as business customer, i.e. that it is not acting for purposes which are outside its trade, business or profession, or as administration customer, § 312e para. 1 sentence 1 no. 1 – 3 of the German Civil Code does not apply.
- This GOMANOS Web Site contains specific information and software, as well as – as the case may be – related documentation, for viewing or downloading.
- GOMANOS may stop the operation of the GOMANOS Web Site in full or in part at any time. Due to the nature of the internet and computer systems, GOMANOS cannot accept any liability for the continuous availability of the GOMANOS Web Site.
3. Registration, Password
- Some pages of the GOMANOS Web Site may be password protected. In the interest of safety and security of the business transactions, only registered Users may access said pages. GOMANOS reserves the right to deny registration to any User. GOMANOS particularly reserves the right to determine certain sites, which were previously freely accessible, subject to registration. GOMANOS is entitled, at any time and without obligation to give reasons, to deny the User the right to access the password-protected area by blocking its User Data (as defined below), in particular if the User
- uses false data for the purpose of registration;
- violates any applicable laws in the access to or use of the GOMANOS Web Site;
- did not use the GOMANOS Web Site for a longer period.
- For registration the User shall give accurate information and, where such information changes over time, update such information (to the extent possible: online) without undue delay. The User shall ensure, that its e-mail address, as supplied to GOMANOS, is current at all times and an address at which the User can be contacted.
- Upon registration the User will be provided with an access code, comprising a User ID and a password (“User Data”). On first access the User shall promptly change the password received from GOMANOS into a password known only to the User. The User Data allows the User to view or change its data or, as applicable, to withdraw its consent to data processing.
- The User shall ensure that User Data is not accessible by third parties and is liable for all transactions and other activities carried out under its User Data. At the end of each online session, the User shall log-off from the password protected websites. If and to the extent the User becomes aware that third parties are misusing its User Data the User shall notify GOMANOS thereof without undue delay in writing, or, as the case may be, by e-mail.
- After receipt of the notice under paragraph 3.4, GOMANOS will deny access to the password-protected area under such User Data. Access by the User will only be possible again upon the User’s application to GOMANOS or upon new registration.
- The User may at any time request termination of its registration in writing, provided that the deletion will not violate the proper performance of contractual relationships. In such event GOMANOS will remove all user data and other stored personally identifiable data of the User as soon as these data are no longer needed.
4. Rights of Use to Information, Software and Documentation
- GOMANOS grants User a non-exclusive and non-transferable license, which may not be sublicensed, to use the information, software and documentation made available to the User on or via the GOMANOS Web Site to the extent agreed, or in the event of no such agreement to the extent of the purpose intended by GOMANOS in making same available.
- The information, software and documentation are protected by copyright laws as well as international copyright treaties as well as other laws and conventions related to intellectual property. The User shall observe such laws and in particular shall not modify, conceal or remove any alphanumeric code, marks or copyright notices neither from the information nor from the software or documentation, or any copies thereof.
- §§ 69a et seq. of the German Copyright Law shall not be affected hereby.
5. Intellectual Property
- Except for the rights of use and other rights expressly granted herein, no other rights are granted to the User nor shall any obligation be implied requiring the grant of further rights. Any and all patent rights and licenses are expressly excluded.
- GOMANOS may, without charge, use any ideas or proposals stored by a User on the GOMANOS Web Sites for the development, improvement and sale of its products.
6. Duties of the User
- In accessing or using the GOMANOS Web Site the User shall not
- harm other persons, in particular minors, or infringe their personal rights;
- breach public morality in its manner of use;
- violate any intellectual property right or any other proprietary right;
- upload any contents containing a virus, so-called Trojan Horse, or any other program that could damage data;
- transmit, store or upload hyperlinks or contents to which the User is not entitled, in particular in cases where such hyperlinks or contents are in breach of confidentiality obligations or unlawful;
- distribute advertising or unsolicited e-mails (so-called “spam”) or inaccurate warnings of viruses, defects or similar material and the User shall not solicit or request the participation in any lottery, snowball system, chain letter, pyramid game or similar activity.
The GOMANOS Web Site may contain hyperlinks to the web pages of third parties. GOMANOS shall have no liability for the contents of such web pages and does not make representations about or endorse such web pages or their contents as its own, as GOMANOS does not control the information on such web pages and is not responsible for the contents and information given thereon. The use of such web pages shall be at the sole risk of the User.
8. Liability for defects of title or quality
- Insofar as any information, software or documentation is made available at no cost, any liability for defects as to quality or title of the information, software and documentation especially in relation to the correctness or absence of defects or the absence of claims or third party rights or in relation to completeness and/or fitness for purpose are excluded except for cases involving willful misconduct or fraud.
- The information on the GOMANOS Web Site may contain specifications or general descriptions related to the technical possibilities of individual products which may not be available in certain cases (e.g. due to product changes). The required performance of the product shall therefore be mutually agreed in each case at the time of purchase.
9. Other Liability, Viruses
- Although GOMANOS makes every endeavor to keep the GOMANOS Web Site free from viruses, GOMANOS cannot make any guarantee that it is virus-free. The User shall, for its own protection, take the necessary steps to ensure appropriate security measures and shall utilize a virus scanner before downloading any information, software or documentation.
- §§ 9.1 and 9.2 do not intend nor imply any changes to the burden of proof to the User’s disadvantage.
10. Data Privacy Protection
11. Supplementary Agreements, Place of Jurisdiction, Applicable Law
- Any supplementary agreement requires the written form.
- The place of jurisdiction shall be Munich if the User is a merchant in terms of the German Commercial Code (Handelsgesetzbuch).
- The individual pages of the GOMANOS Web Site are operated and administered by Manolees Ltd. The pages comply with the law applicable in the country where the responsible company has its business residence. GOMANOS makes no representation that information, software and/or documentation on the GOMANOS Web Site are appropriate or available for viewing or downloading at locations outside such country. If Users access GOMANOS Web Site from outside such country, they are exclusively responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. Access to GOMANOS Web Site’s information, software and/or documentation from countries where such content is unlawful is prohibited. In this case and where User seeks to do business with GOMANOS, the User should contact the GOMANOS for the particular country for country specific business.